Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Interview: Elvie Studio

Please let me introduce you to 
She has been truly blessed with a spirit of creativity. She bounces back and forth between lettering, book arts, fiber arts, water color pencils and much much more! 



Please tell us a little about yourself, who you are and what you do? 

I'm Lori... wife to a dutchman, mother to two grown kids, and au pair to our very sweet bearded collie named Molly. I live in a small town outside of a large city in Northeast Florida, right along the atlantic coast. I work and play in a happy place called Elvie Studio, a most wonderful space above our garage that's filled with lots of natural light and an ever-growing paper stash. 


How do you express yourself creatively? 
I create handmade journals, calligraphy, watercolor doodles, art quilt pieces, carved stamps.... and whatever else will satisfy my curious spirit of creativity! 


Is your craft/art available online? 
My artwork is available in my etsy shop at


What is your personal favorite piece you have ever made? And why do you love it so much?
My favorite piece is a fun little quiltie that I created recently. I love it because it is happy and whimsical, and it features a lot of things that I enjoy doing... like beading, hand stitching, and especially lettering. 


Where do you find inspiration? 
In everything from fabric...to paper...to belgian chocolate bars....




Could you share three artists with us, who you admire greatly?
Well, right off I would definitely say I love visiting you, and, here at lillalotta!!! I so love your warm, fresh, charming style.... and your letter-forms... they are absolutely delicious!!!

As for other favorite artists, I think it would be difficult to narrow down my very long list! There as so many talented, big hearted, pay it forward, gifted, generous heArthed people in the world, and I'm very thankful for the cyber space bring us all together! 


-------------------------

Thank you so much Lori!


14 comments:

  1. charming work, thanks for the interview and making me aware of this lovely creativity Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll have to check out her etsy shop- love the pics you posted up!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a delightful creations and inspiring words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love lori's work....it is so beautifully done... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Great interview with a sweet, creative, curious, artistic, bloggy friend of mine (who I must admit I have gotten more than my share of journals from...)! Hello, Anna & Lori! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. my heart is absolutely swollen.....thank you SO much precious one!!
    xox, :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anna! What an adorable interview with adorable Lori! Her beautiful, fun personality and big heart, show through in all she creates! I love that! ;) Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this interview with Lori, I stop in all the time to see what crafti-creativeness she's cooking up!! Now, time to peruse your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh! i love lori & love to see
    a sampling of her words & art here!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview! I love the fact that Lori can find a way to include chocolate in everything she does...that's my kind of gal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sweet chocolat
    treat Lori
    is..
    Merci Anna for a wonderful
    interview!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview from my good buddy, Lori! She is a fabulous artist---and wonderful person too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your interview post. What a great idea to interview fellow artists!
    I love the new picture of you on the sidebar. Now I can put a face to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great artist and nice interview!
    Hughs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ever so much for sharing your thoughts!