Thursday, 20 May 2010

Order?

Oh only one step at a time. From A to B to etc. Working through endless lists. And getting that great feeling when you fat-cross it out of the book. And then adding another couple of lines at the bottom. 
Getting that sinking feeling, browsing back some pages, and starting the next thing. 


But I must admit, I do so love my note books. I would not know what to do without them. These are like my portable brain. Keeps my life in order. 

I have a gift list that I must must get sorted today. I will do most of my shopping online, but I do find it so utterly boring. I am not much of a shopper on the best of days, but to not be able to find a wee cafe and drink a coffee in between the shopping, I find it all a bit pointless. 

[ ... I must say I bashed my finger yesterday, and honestly thought it was broken for a minute. Moving it frantically to check, and it seemed alright. Now however my finger is double it's size, and typing has become interesting. To say the least... Maybe all the wriggling afterwards did not help. OUch.]

Better get myself browsing the internet, and switch on my shopping-head.... Wish me luck, I am going in....




12 comments:

  1. Awww, I see my name in that list :-)
    I do the same to keep me organised. Lists. Page for page of lists. In a notebook. Not as beautyful as yours, but though. i love it. My portable brain, too. Not to forget my calendar/planner/adressbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my handwriting was half as neat and beautiful as yours... I cant live without a notebook.. I usually have one with me at all times.. I was always useless at writing in diaries or journals but a notebook I can doodle in, write lists, and lists and more lists, story ideas and random things that I dream up and are a part of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful handwriting, mine is so apalling I should have been a doctor!! It's such a handicap to hurt your finger, hope it heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my notebooks, too! List, lists,... Anna, I have been meaning to ask you (and this is on my list!) Did your push pins arrive? I worry how long it may take overseas and hope they arrive safely. Please let me know if they haven't!! ♥ Now try to enjoy your shopping, and make some good coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I not only have a notebook - I have about 3 or 4 that I use simultaneously - one for everyday domestic stuff (shopping lists, dinner ideas, etc), then one for creative ideas, one for very important things like recipes or home beauty ideas... My husband says I'm the Queen of Lists and Notebooks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. at least your list is pretty! i wouldn't be able to bring myself to cross out such pretty lettering. :)
    hope your finger is back to normal soon.
    xo
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anna! So nice to reconnect with you again. The funny thing is that I looked at your painting (hanging on my wall) and wondered how are you doing. I guess I know now... Kisses for your finger so it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks like you have quite a gorgeous list going (i love making lists....just so i can cross things off of them.....i know, i'm a little weird....) good luck with your cyber-shopping spree.....and i hope your finger is feeling better soon!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. lists can be so overwhelming! Mine just seem to get longer and longer with scribbles everywhere. Very unorderly! ( i'm sure that's not a word!)Maybe I will treat myself to a pretty notebook like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was on Elvie Studio and thought I'd click on your blog. I am so glad I did. You sound so relaxed despite all that is going on around you. I like that.

    Lists? Yes, I agree. Without them, I'd be lost. I have four kids, all young adults. Family is so important. I also run a day care in my home. Lists are my brain power too. I like to think of them as my brain on paper...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how I love lists! Please tell me that handwriting of yours is staged, it is too pretty - my writing looks like a spider got paint on its leg and dragged it along the page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless your heart! I hope your finger is better............! Happy thoughts your way today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ever so much for sharing your thoughts!