Friday, 7 May 2010

100

  1. I am Angelique, but as a child I could not pronounce it. 
  2. So I called myself Anna, instead.
  3. I am a bit of a troll, thanks to my scandinavian roots [my mother being Swedish]
  4. I was born way up in Sweden, in the heart of Winter.
  5. I was the 4th child, and the 4th daughter. 
  6. I have not spoken to 2 of my sisters for quite a long time, and I am not planning on doing so. 
  7. I am fiercely protective of my mother, and although I am a very docile and forgiving person, certain things I can not.
  8. My father passed away in 1997. 
  9. He was not a very nice man.
  10. But I miss him terribly.
  11. I am a mother of five children.
  12. It is most rewarding and challenging.
  13. I would not want to trade places with anyone. 
  14. I am freckled.
  15. I am a red head.
  16. I am easy to get along with.
  17. I had many friends growing up, but as I am getting older, I find it difficult to connect with people, which makes me sad.
  18. I love diversity. 
  19. I can listen to music, read a book and do the cooking all at the same time.
  20. I like different and free minded. 
  21. The norm bores me.
  22. I am totally into organized and normality. 
  23. I function better within my own set insane structures.
  24. I can be quite long winded.
  25. I am lost in this so called era. 
  26. Another time frame would have suited me better. 
  27. The ground always feels better without shoes. 
  28. I am a hippie at heart.  
  29. And loathe shopping for the sake of shopping.
  30. If it wasn't for the kindness of family and friends I would never have anything new to wear. 
  31. I just can not be bothered by the boring task of picking new clothes.
  32. Although I love buying clothes and shoes for my children. 
  33. I could do it daily if possible. 
  34. I am a nail biter. But have not bitten my nails for several years.
  35. I love coffee, but coffee does not love me. 
  36. I am not a naturally relaxed person, and I can get seriously tense and stressed. I can get lots done in a short time.
  37. I am just over 6'1" with heels. Almost the same height as my husband. 
  38. I call my husband "Victor Meldrew' with him being naturally miserable and he calls me 'Woody Allen', if anything it makes our arguments quite amusing. 
  39. Or at least I think they are amusing. 
  40. I have been married twice, 
  41. but I have never had a wedding dress. 
  42. I don't even have a wedding ring. 
  43. I am not a girly girl. 
  44. I don't do the make up thing, 
  45. and I don't wear jewelry. [ my sensitive skin gives me the most creative rash ]
  46. I am more of a listener. 
  47. I am the shadow in the corner in a large crowd. 
  48. I can't imagine anything worse than being the centre of attention. 
  49. When I can't sleep, I make up poetry in my mind, and then get upset when I am not able to remember the next morning to write it down. 
  50. My favourite flowers are poppy's 
  51. and baby's breath. 
  52. I over-brush my teeth to the point of being OCD. 
  53. I rarely swear. But I can be quite loud. 
  54. I don't do ready-made-meals, but cook every day from scratch. 
  55. My laundry basket is always empty at the end of the day. 
  56. I sometimes hoover three times a day.
  57. What would I do without my dishwasher?
  58. I love sleep. I don't do it much. 
  59. But when I do, I love it. 
  60. My memory fails me all the time;
  61. I remember too much. 
  62. My right knee is ruined by over-exercise, and makes a very scary sound when I walk up the stairs. The kids think it is funky, and add a beat box sound to it. 
  63. I have atrosis in my neck, and when it goes, I go. 
  64. I can not do any hand stitching or painting. 
  65. But I do it any ways. Chronic pain is just a blip.
  66. I do say please, thank you and sorry. 
  67. I surround myself with loud music. Silence still creeps me out. 
  68. I sing in the shower. 
  69. Badly. 
  70. I dance a lot. 
  71. Not that bad
  72. but prefer to dance with some one
  73. [ i tend to lead ]
  74. I have lived in Sweden, Holland, the US, Ireland, England, France and now the US again.
  75. I am still not settled. 
  76. I might be restless forever. 
  77. I don't mind being lost.
  78. It makes being found more interesting. 
  79. I don't drink alcohol. 
  80. I tried it, it does not suit me. 
  81. I fall over and go asleep after one glass of wine. 
  82. I am either focused or all over the place
  83. I am never in the middle
  84. like a normal person.
  85. I don't like television
  86. and my concentration span is not very good for movies
  87. unless it captures me.
  88. I wonder and ponder way too much
  89. I never contradict myself
  90. I am Aquarius
  91. I cry at commercials
  92. I worry too much
  93. I brood over useless things. 
  94. I give away too much
  95. but I like it. 
  96. I have very few regrets
  97. I would do it again probably
  98. I wish others well
  99. even when they would not return the favour
  100. I am rubbish at doing lists, but I do procrastination really well...

Your turn! Go on, you know you want to...

27 comments:

  1. oh Anna, even though I already knew a lot about you, I am always so very happy to learn something new ! I share quite a lot of your 100's, that's why we get along so well. I really really really can't wait to meet you, because girl, this is going to happen this summer, I tell ya !!!
    I'll try to do my 100's but today it won't be possible. I'll try to list them this weekend & do a Sunday post about it.
    I hope the temps are getting warmer.
    sending you tons of hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a very intresting read... and I am now pondering doing this myself as I have an irrational love of lists/memes/procrastination...

    also.. have you tired cold pressed coffee? a friend of mine swears by it as she gets a very upset tum if she has a normal coffee but if she has cold pressed coffee she is fine.. I still keep meaning to try it out in the coffee press/cafetier (.. 1. I cant spell for beans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Anna, if I would have to do it too, I would pick maybe 90% of your answers because we are sooooooo similar !! like twins maybe !! it's so weird and magical at the same time ! like if you were talking about me ! and it's stupid I know but it makes me love your more more and more like if you were my twin sister living somewhere far away !! Send you warm hugs sweetie ! ahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh, this was fun! I do love lists...maybe I will try this too, Anna! You are much more interesting than me I think!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so nice. many of those fit myself well, too. very interesting read. i love lists!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! is nice to meet you more :)
    thank you for sharing I think you are very interesting woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. smiling, 'cause some of it is so much like me.
    I have been wanting to do this for some time, will have to sit down one morning and do my "homework".
    wonderful girl you are :)
    hugs,
    monique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! It's really nice to get to know you better! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Have a lovely merry happy mother day's weekend and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, i'm going to do this on my blog. OH, and because of #55, I dislike you :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. 75-78 are wonderful. love this list.

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna, you forgot to put talented artist and loving and kind person. To me you are all of the above with the extra bits added...... special!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thank you for your wonderful list. We share some similarities. Like having 5 children and not being very girlie. Sadly I don't share your height. Being short is really annoying! I'm going to attempt a list. I wonder if I can be insightful enough?

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT post Anna!!! I am very much tempted to sit down and write my '100'. But hey i gotta run now and pick up my kiddies from kindergarten. maybe i'll let my mind go over my '100' a bit and come back to it somewhere in the near future, cause i really love this idea! Thank you for sharing your '100'!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting 100. I don't know if I could to describe me as you did! Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice to meet you!

    ps i don't have a wedding ring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. great list!! fascinating.......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh lillalotta, I couldn't. I don't think I've ever been this honest with myself, let alone other people (or perhaps it is that I've never tried). I feel like I know you well after reading that list. Would you like to meet for a tea (not coffee) someday? Of course, not possible, but your list makes me want to meet the person in the flesh. Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great list! Love it. I'm working on 101 reasons to get out of bed and I'm only up to 89. WHen I get to 101, I'll start publishing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are so much fun! :)
    how interesting... and thank you for sharing!
    ox
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your *Angelique*name..
    admire your honesty
    and strength,wishing
    you the sweetest mother's
    day ever♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love you blog, this post is specially inspiring. Please, keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing! That was a fantastic experience - I loved every minute of it! I'm inspired to do this myself....I'll let you know if we manage it on our blog! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great great post! Nice to know about you. Very open and pure. And indeed, I will take this stick sometime. Good idea.. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woaw, loved reading more about you. I think I will have to read it again. This was fun. I don't think I would be able to come up with 100 things about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful to learn about you and it set me to wondering if I could write this about myself.........

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely loved reading through your list. It provided such a a nice introduction to you, in a space (the internet) that would otherwise not happen.

    Now, I'll have to match your dare and participate! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous read! I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for a terrific, funny and honest list.

    One of my things is procrastination, so I think I'll start my list tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ever so much for sharing your thoughts!